Friday, June 27, 2014

Review: Model in a Bottle

Hell Dolls!

Summer is here! So that means it's time for tanned legs, beach parties, shorts, and sweaty makeup! YAY for melting makeup!... NOT!

I know that summer turns most people's skin into oily, greasy, messes. So, naturally we go on the hunt for waterproof, oil control, etc. etc. products. And me being a makeup enthusiast I took this hunt seriously. After all the searching I do believe I have found an amazing foundation, powder, and setting spray. In my post titled Foundation Review and Current Foundation Routine I will tell you about the foundation. But, I didn't really speak on the setting spray. So, without further a do I will review my new holy grail setting spray!

My new holy grail setting spray is (drum roll please!!!).... The Model in a Bottle Original formula Matte Finish Makeup Setting Spray. I am sure people who have been in the beauty community for a while are familiar with this product. I too have heard a lot about this product over the years but, did not try it until recently. And I can say I was definitely missing out!

Model in a Bottle
This spray retails for about $18.00. I have seen it on Amazon for cheaper. I personally purchased mine from Amazon for $12.15 no shipping or tax included. It is not sold in stores. The bottle holds about 1 fluid ounce of product. The bottle is sleek and not bulky. The product itself is clear and has a light fragrance to it. (It imply smells fresh and light. Nothing overbearing.) The nozzle sprays out in a fine mist. Directions say to hold 10-12 inches away from the skin. I only went away like 9 inches or so. I will lock your makeup in all day. The setting spray is smudge resistant. In conjunction with my new favorite foundation I do not get oily once so ever. My makeup last 10 or so hours with this product. It is not sticky nor does it feel heavy on the skin. It is super refreshing when it is applied to my skin in the morning. I do not need to use this to refresh the skin later. This product keeps my makeup looking like it was just applied all day long. My bronzer, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, highlight, powder, and under eye concealer doesn't fade throughtout the day.

I totally recommend this product for people who have oily skin, or have issues with their makeup fading, or have a long day ahead of them and do not want to have to touch up their makeup. This formula would be too matte for people with dry skin. If you have dry skin and you use this formula I would only use it to set dewy products. This way it won't make your skin appear dry.

I hope this review helped you all that are in need of a new setting spray. It has literally saved my life. NO MORE OIL SLICK DAYS FOR ME!!!!! If you have any other questions on the product please comment below. I hope this was helpful for you. If you are new to my blog I want to thank you for stopping by. Go ahead and read any other posts that seem interesting you. Please remember to 1+ the post as well as share it with friends and family. I hope you Dolls have an amazing week!
-The Makeup Junkie

DISCLAIMER: I purchased this product with my own money. I have not been asked to review this product. Also,all thoughts given during this post are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment